I offer the following Editorial Services: Proofreading or Copy-editing with Feedback.
If you have a piece of writing that you would like help with, regardless of what stage you are at or how long it is, I will be happy to help you.
I can check anything from essays and dissertations to business plans, CVs and personal statements. I have knowledge of legal and professional documents, and particularly enjoy providing help with novels, short stories and poetry.
To ensure you pick the appropriate service here is a general guide as to what you can expect:
- Correcting all spelling mistakes – I can adopt US or UK English, depending on your requirements.
- Correcting punctuation – Ensuring it is used appropriately and inserted where necessary.
- Correcting all grammatical errors – Making sure it is grammatically correct.
- Checking references and details – To highlight any errors you may have missed.
- Consistency – Checking things like names for characters are consistent.
- Providing feedback with the corrections – Giving you basic feedback on what was changed.
- Everything in Proofreading – Checking spelling, punctuation, grammar, references and details, and consistency.
- Improving intelligibility – Improving the use of vocabulary and sentence structure to ensure the clarity of your writing. I will make suggestions for improvement where text is unclear to avoid any ambiguity or confusion.
- Ensuring flow – Ensuring that your writing flows naturally, fluidly and logically between sentences and the text maintains relevance and clarity.
- Amending for appropriate tone – Ensuring the tone of the document is appropriate to the target audience. For example, academic and business documents require a formal style, whereas an article for a magazine will have a completely different style.
- Highlighting edits – Using Track Changes so that all changes made are indicated in colour, allowing you to review and accept or reject the edits easily.
- Providing feedback with the corrections – Detailed feedback notes and suggestions or recommendations will be supplied for you to consider.
I can provide these services for most types of document. Typically, any editing will be done in Microsoft Word. I will use the Track Changes feature to allow you to see where changes have been made and return to you the corrected version showing these changes, along with a clean fully edited version, and a sheet of feedback notes.
If you would like help with a project, whether it's something simple like a CV or something more complicated like copy-editing a novel, please contact me and I will negotiate a competitive 'project rate' with you depending on the type of service you would like and the length of time it will take me. My primary objective is to help you with your writing, not relieve you of your hard earned cash, so rates for large projects will be kept at a reasonable level. All enquiries are welcome.
I look forward to hearing from you.